ALLERGY MANAGEMENT Services
In this test, indoor allergens including house dust mite, house dust, mould, cockroaches, cat and dog are routine A few common pollens, seafood, milk and egg are also tested. Known food allergy does not require testing. A positive reaction to the skin prick test occurs when the skin around the needle prick becomes itchy and red with the development of a white swelling called a wheal. The wheal reaches its maximum size in about 15 to 20 minutes and the reaction fades within a few hours.
- South China Allergy
- RAST test (Radio AllergoSorbent Test) measures the amount of specific Immunoglobulin E antibodies (IgE) in your blood to various environmental and food allergens.
- House dust mite (HDM): use Encase pillows, mattress and duvet in anti-HDM bedding covers (Anti-Allergy Product. Use wipe-able furniture instead of upholstered furniture. HEPA air cleaners to remove airborne allergen particles
- Mold allergen: Use dehumidifier to keep humidity below 50%. Wash shower curtains, bathroom tiles, bathtubs and toilet tanks with mold-killing solutions. Regular cleaning of refrigerators.
- Animal Dander: Avoid carpets, heavy curtains and upholstered furniture. Close all windows and use air-conditioning during pollen seasons
- Gradual Desensitization: Comes in 2 forms: injection and sublingual.
Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) is the most recent and effective form of treatment. This is a very safe and self-administered treatment which can be used in children.